OPEN CALL – FBL Regional Coordinators: Australia, Central America (El Salvador, Guatemala or Honduras), Chile, United States
The Holy Land Christian Ecumenical Foundation (HCEF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1998. Our mission is to expand socioeconomic opportunity for Palestinians through the promotion of innovative, sustainable and diverse development projects that uphold the integrity of Palestinian culture, tradition and self-determination. HCEF seeks to achieve this goal by collaborating with local and international partners to implement programs that work to replace despair with hope, fear with security, and humiliation with dignity.
Future Business Leaders (FBL) Program
HCEF’s Future Business Leaders (FBL) program is an initiative supported by the Palestinian Market Development Programme (PMDP), which seeks to educate the Palestinian Diaspora living abroad about opportunities to support the Palestinian economy. To this end, FBL works to facilitate relationships between Palestinian institutions and prospective Diaspora investors, to promote investment in Palestinian business enterprises, to promote Palestinian products in non-traditional markets abroad, and to contribute to building a robust Palestinian economy that is internationally situated. By deepening business relations between Palestine and its diaspora, we seek to empower Palestinian entrepreneurship, to promote job growth, and to help alleviate Palestine’s dependency on the Israeli economy.
FBL Regional Coordinator
Part-time, flexible schedule (work hours vary, and will include some evening and weekend hours).
The FBL Regional Coordinator is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated individual to put their skills and talents to use in the service of Palestine. S/he is charged with supporting the Future Business Leaders Program by executing on-the-ground program activities under the guidance and direction of the Business Development Manager. S/he will be primarily responsible for educating Palestinians in the diaspora about business opportunities with Palestinian enterprises, and for generating and facilitating business communications between Palestinian businesses and prospective diaspora investors. This is an exciting networking opportunity for entry-level professionals.
HCEF seeks one representative for each of the following regions:
- Central America (can be based in El Salvador, Guatemala or Honduras)
- United States (Preferably based in Washington, DC)
- Support Business Development Manager with market research and feasibility studies in target market to evaluate compatibility with product roster
- Identify high potential matches between Palestinian businesses and prospective investors and refer them to the Business Development Manager
- Evaluate program educational/promotional materials for cultural relevance
- Expand and deepen network of prospective investors through current contacts, potential leads, and cold calls
- Support Business Development Manager in the development and execution of marketing tour and outreach plan
- Develop and conduct regular meetings/events/workshops with prospective diaspora investors
- Facilitate communication/negotiations between Palestinian businesses and prospective investors from first contact to closing of communication
- Regularly monitor, track, and report progress on activities
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings, weekends and special events
- Must be willing/able to travel
- B.A. in Business, Marketing or a related field
- At least one year experience in a business-related field
- Familiarity with target market (one of the regions listed above), import/export laws, business community, diaspora community
- Familiar with business landscape in respective diaspora community
- Proficient English Language skills (speaking, listening, reading, writing)
- Results-oriented, self-starter, excellent time management, team player
- Arabic language skills a plus, but not necessary
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, September 9th, 2016.